Fish Head (cut into half) 1 whole
Prawns (optional) 20pcs
Salted fish head (fried) half head
Round Cabbage 1 whole
Brinjal 1 whole
Long Bean 200gm
Coconut Milk 200gm
Curry Leaves 10 stalks
Lemon Grass (sliced) 3 stalks
Galangal (sliced) 2 -3 slices
Fresh Chilli (deseed & cut into strip) 1 whole
Water (to be adjusted accordingly) 500ml
Salt 2 tsp
Sugar 3 tsp
Soya sauce 2 tbsp
Curry Paste (to blend)
Lemon Grass 5 stalks
Garlic 8 – 10 cloves
Ginger 2 inches
Candlenut (Buah keras) 10gm
Galangal (lengkuas) 10gm
Fresh Chilli 15pcs
Dried Chilli 20pcs
Water (adjust based on the paste texture)
fish curry powder (mix in with the paste) 2 tbsp
Cooking Oil 80gm
Step 1: Fish head and prawns
- Marinate fish head and prawns with salt and pepper.
- Steam until half cooked in boiling water.
- Discard the steam water.
Step 2 Cook it!
- Heat up cooking oil and cook curry paste on medium fire until fragrance and oil are separated from the paste. Add in half coconut milk in between time, it helps to induce oil and minimize usage of cooking oil. (about 15 – 20mins)
- Add in lemon grass, galangal, curry leaves and fresh chilli, continue to cook until fragrance. (about 10 -15mins)
- Add in fried salted fish, fish head and prawns, continue cooking for another 10 -15mins.
- Add in water in between time staggeredly.
- Add in fish head and prawns, cook for 5 – 10mins.
- Add in the cooked vegetables and the remainder coconut milk.
- Add salt, sugar and soya sauce to taste.
- Serve with hot steam rice!